Are you looking for fun ideas to help your students get to know each other and get into the swing of speaking French? This is a 50% off bundle of 12 of my favorite ice breakers that I like to use specifically for that reason! These speaking activities, games and listening comprehension activities will start off the year in French with a bang and get your students motivated while having loads of fun all year long. You're going to love hearing your students speaking French together.
Two of the resources included are specific to back to school time while the other ten can be used year round. You can use them at all levels in the classroom as well as with your school's French club when you're looking for a fun activity to get them speaking French or for long bus rides on school sponsored trips. These are wonderful activities either for French immersion or French as a second language programs.
I recommend printing, laminating, cutting out, punching holes and attaching the cards together with a ring for NO PREP activities for years to come, and for the 100 French speaking activity worksheets I've found that it is best to print them all out and keep them in a binder for easy access when you need to make photocopies.
Here's what's included in this money saving bundle. Just click on the links to see more in depth product descriptions:
Ceci ou Cela - French Game of 2 Extremes Ice-breaker Activity
- Keep your middle school and high school French students active by playing the "Two Extremes" game. The facilitator will use a stack of cards listing things, activities or places that fall at opposite ends of the spectrum, such as: salty or sweet, Paris or New York, Mac or PC. Students will see all of the things that they have in common with their classmates and will likely learn some new vocabulary while they’re at it!
Le Petit Bac - French Scattergories Game
- Players attempt to create answers for each of the four categories on their game. This should be a fast moving game and there are only spaces for six words per category. The MAXIMUM they can write is six words so they have to choose them wisely. Students can be creative and flexible with their answers, but other players can challenge them!
French Speaking Game and Activity: CATCH PHRASE
- Catch Phrase is a fun game to get your students speaking and having fun in French while learning tons of new vocabulary words. This game doesn't follow any particular theme, so the 80 playing cards display 80 unrelated words - a fantastic way to round out your students' speaking skills!
50 vrai ou faux French questions
- Use these cards for partnered speaking practice. Answers are included. If a student believes the statement to be true he says so. If he believes it to be false he has to try and correct it. The statements are mostly based on general knowledge and are a wonderful way to increase vocabulary and fluency.
Qu'est-ce que tu préférerais - "I'd rather" French speaking cards
- This is a set of 75 cards that you can use to practice the conditional even with students who haven't yet learned it! A fantastic resource for building vocabulary and generating conversation.
French trivia game
- Your students will LOVE this trivia game. There is a version only in French and one in both English and French for beginner students. I've included many ways that you can use these cards including a powerpoint version so that you can do a class activity.
Je n'ai jamais - "I've never" French speaking game
- This "I've never" game is a great ice-breaker and students will find out a lot about each other (in French) while playing. There's a French only version as well as a French - English version included.
120 French conversation starter cards
- These cards are perfect for beginner to advanced students. Shuffle through the cards to pick out which are right for the level you're teaching. Use them throughout the year(s) as your students learn more.
Classic French taboo speaking game
- My all time favorite game for increasing fluency at ANY level - FRENCH TABOO!! All game cards are in French and English so your students will learn tons of new vocabulary. Beginner and advanced playing instructions are included.
Babar - La Rentrée des Classes - Listening comprehension
- This listening comprehension activity will work at any level, but especially from year 2 and up. All 45 questions have multiple choice answers and are in chronological order. The video link included is on YouTube.
25 questions pour faire parler à la rentrée
- Just perfect for back to school, these 25 questions will have your students talking to each other about summer break and expectations for the new school year.
100 French worksheets for group speaking activities - 100 vocabulary themes
Fantastic for any time of the year, these 100 one page worksheets will have your students speaking about just anything you can imagine. It's a great way to review and reinforce vocabulary. Instructions are included which explain my favorite ways to use these worksheets.
Here's another idea for your students...Have themtake an online test to see what their current level is in French!
Merci beaucoup! Don't forget to click on the green ☆ next to my store logo to become a follower. You will receive updates when I add new products or throw a sale.
Sign up for my French teacher newsletter and receive free gifts from my store weekly!French Teachers Café Facebook PageFollow my YouTube channel with 200+ French video lessonsFollow me on PinterestVisit my blog
Want to get TPT credit to use on future purchases? Go to "My Purchases" and log in. Next to purchases there is a link to provide feedback. Click this link and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a comment for the product. When you give feedback TPT gives you credits that you can use toward future purchases.