Teaching grammar in French can be a headache especially when it comes to tenses. If you need to teach the imperfect tense but you are not quite sure where to start, this flexible resource will help you.
You will find a step-by-step booklet with a relevant context for the lesson, a clearly explained and progressive grammatical point and exercises to practice.
This resource is aimed at intermediate students but you can easily adapt it for pre-intermediate or advanced students.
This handout will help students keep a written track of their learning.
The resource contains:
1. A self-target setting slide with the objectives of the lesson
2. A starter with a story to reorder and verbs to identify
3. An explanation about the different uses of the imperfect tense with clear examples
4. An explanation about the formation of the imperfect
6. Exercises (filling gaps, writing, word search, sentences to complete, sentences to change from singular to plural form)
Have fun teaching the imperfect tense!
I suggest you use the PPT that goes with it for more efficiency:
French Imperfect powerpoint presentation