here's a powerpoint you'll find useful to teach your students about respect and tolerance. I found it important in the lights of the terrible events in France. It's aimed at teaching French students but it's valuable for any subject area.
- a starter with a discussion about what happened
- an brief explanation of the events and the reason why people support Charlie Hebdo
- reflection slides about name calling and religious and racist stereotypes
- reflection slides about differences and important figures who changed the world for the best
- group activities to enhance the idea of respect and tolerance
- 2 videos and a song
I hope you'll find it useful.