In order to make French more 'real' and alive for my French Immersion students, I introduce idiomatic expressions to our weekly learnings and find meaningful ways to have the students make an effort to incorporate these expressions into their everyday speech. The French language is full of colourful expressions and I so I have compiled a long list of my favourites and have organized them into categories to help make connections and remember them long enough to begin to use them when speaking with their peers.
This 56 page document is a bundle of my first 5 'dictée packs'. These 'dictée pack' documents EACH include:
- a list of 10 or so new idiomatic expressions
- a student handout with exercises to help them understand and use these
expressions in preparation for a dictée
- printable word wall cards with the weekly expressions
- a brief quiz (or dictée) testing the students' mastery of these expressions
- ... and an answer key for the teacher!
The five 'dictée packs' in this bundle are:
- Dictée pack 1: expressions that deal with parts of the body - list A
- Dictée pack 2: expressions that deal with parts of the body - list B
- Dictée pack 3: expressions that deal with parts of the body - list C
- Dictée pack 4: expressions that deal with colours - list A
- Dictée pack 5: expressions that deal with colours - list B
I also like to find fun ways to include--and to focus on--these expressions in our classroom throughout the week. I divide students into groups of two or three and give each group an expression (*you can use the expression cards included in this package). I give them 10 minutes to write and prepare a short script in which they need to use their given expression and then the groups all take turns to perform their short skits in front of the class. We also look for examples of these expressions in stories we are reading and in the francophone music that we are studying and listening to.
If you enjoy this product please let me know and come back for more and follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers
or on Facebook
or on Pinterest
to be informed of sales or new product releases.