Teach beginner French students how to count and spell numbers from 1-10 using these 3 activities. No planning required!
- 1. Teacher Presentation - Use the teacher presentation to have students repeat after you as you show them what the numbers look like, sound like and how to spell them. I project this presentation onto my whiteboard in my classroom and I also use it on my online learning platform by using the screen share function (this presentation is compatible with Microsoft Teams, Google Meets and Zoom)
- 2. Student Worksheet - Students work on learning how to spell in French by writing the right word next to the corresponding numbers on the worksheet. I ask students to fill in the words while I show the numbers presentation. There is also a matching activity where students need to draw the line to match the right word to the right number
- 3. Teacher Printable Assessment Sheet - 2 sheets that have the numbers from 1-10. 1 sheet has the numbers in order and the second sheet has the numbers out of order. I laminate them and put them in my math centres but I also use them when I do math and language assessments. I show these sheets to my students and ask them to count for me from 1-10 and to also point at the numbers. I also point to random numbers and ask the students to tell me what it is
This activity is in Powerpoint format and can also be used as Google Slides, by uploading it to your Google Drive. It can be used on your online learning platform (Microsoft Teams, Google Meets, Zoom) by using the screen share function or for in-class learning by projecting it onto your whiteboard/projector screen
- is suitable for K - grade 1 French Immersion students
- meets grade 1 Ontario Math Curriculum expectations
Your feedback is welcomed! Please let me know how this product worked for you. Any feedback you provide earns you credits toward your future TeachersPayTeachers purchases!