This product is in French
I love the game Vite! Vite! (I have also seen it called scoot in English). I did not invent this
game and am not sure where I picked it up. It can be used for all levels and subjects. I
use it as practice and formative assessment.
This game includes
30 playing cards
1 Vite! Vite! Answer sheet
1. Print o the cards and cut them up. I prefer to print them on cardstock and laminate
them. They will last for years.
2. Some teachers prefer to have the cards numbered. I prefer to leave the numbers o
and write new numbers with a white board marker so that I can use them over again
simply by mixing up the cards.
3. Place the cards face down on the desks. One card per desk.
4. Hand out an answer sheet to each student. This is the sheet students will write the
answers to each of the problems on the cards.
5. Have each student stand up behind their desk and push their chair in.
6. Remind students about behavior and in which direction they will need to go next.
7. We then start the game. I set a timer to an appropriate amount of time I believe
students need to answer one question, or explain to them that they may move to
another question if there are no students there. (This only works if you have more cards
8. Each time the timer goes o everyone rotates quickly and quietly.
a. At each rotation the student writes down the answer to the problem in the
corresponding number box.
9. Once everyone is back at their original seat,
a) We check our answers quickly. Each student reads their card at their desk, and the
class responds with the answer.
b) I gather them and record them as a formative assessment tool.
The students LOVE this game because they can get out of their seat and move around.
They also like that they must think fast so they are ready to move on before the timer.