This is my first year French book, with all of my quarter long workbooks combined into one book.
Units include vocabulary, grammar, and cultural components. Assessments are experiential learning based.
This book also includes a film study on the movie "Coco Avant Chanel" starring Audrey Tautou in Unit 5.
- Vocabulary - Alphabet - Numbers
- Body parts and movements
- Colors and shapes
- The calendar and the clock
- Weather and clothing
- Around the City
- Grammar - simple prepositions - intro to articles
- intro to adjective agreement and
feminine and masculine
- Culture- La Francophonie and the symbols of France
- Assessment- Calendar project, weather report, and city scavenger hunt
Unit 1- -Les Amis-
* Students will describe themselves and others
using simple sentences.
- Vocabulary - Descriptive Adjectives
- Nationalities and Countries of
- Verbs - Être
- Grammar - Pronouns
- Adjective Agreement
- Verb negation
- Definite and Indefinite Articles
- Assessment- Autobiographie- A paragraph about you!
Unit 2- -L’École-
* Students will talk about their classes at school
and their school day. Students will express personal
preferences. Students will talk about things they
will do in the near future.
- Vocabulary - Academic Subjects - Regular -ER Verbs
- School Supplies
- Irregular verbs- avoir, faire, aller
- aimer, adorer, détester
- acheter, travailler, coûter, habiter,
- Grammar - Aller + the infinitive
- Verb + infinitive to express
- Negation of indefinite articles - Culture - The French School System
- Assessment- Qu’aimez-vous Faire? A paragraph about your personal preferences.
Unit 3- -La Famille et la Maison-
* Unit Objectives- Students will describe their
family members and their homes. They will talk about
the things they like to do as a family, and they will
talk about the interests of each family member.
- Vocabulary - La Famille- Family - Les Loisirs
- La Maison - The Household
- Grammar - Possessives
- adjectives that come before the
- Verbs - Être, Avoir, aimer, aller, faire, venir
- Regular -ER Verbs
- Assessment- Create a family album and make a video to present your family to
Unit 4- -Bon Appétit-
* Unit Objectives- Students will learn to order
food, express food preferences, and use vocabulary to
go grocery shopping.
- Vocabulary - La Café et le Restaurant
- Les Courses
- Grammar - Aller + Infinitive
- Les contractions à et de
- Le partitif
- Verbs - Pouvoir, vouloir, prendre, boire
- Culture- Recipe- Le Croque Monsieur - Video- Baguetiquette
- Assessment- Create your own Parisian Café - Supermarket Scavenger Hunt
Unit 5- La Mode
* Students will be able to identify and describe
articles of clothing and outfits. Students will be
able to size and preference and compare items.
- Vocabulary - Les Vêtements
- Faire du Shopping
- Grammar - Verbs porter, mettre, voir, et croire - Le Comparatif
- Culture - French Connections - Fashion Capital - Film Study- Coco Avant Chanel
- Assessment- Clothing Catalog