6 week-long fun unit that keeps your students busy and talking French!
This unit walks you and your students through the process of:
- choosing a topic for their speech
- researching their topic
- writing their speech
- revising and correcting their speech
- writing cue-cards
- memorizing their speech
- presenting their speech in front of the class
- choosing two class winners.
*** Word document, allowing you to adapt/adjust to your classroom needs and routines.
I have used this unit in Grades 5, 6, 7, and 8 French Immersion classrooms. Across Canada, French Public Speaking Speech Contests are run in Grades 4 to 12. This unit is useful for all these grades.
Note that French Public Speaking Contests are typically run by Canadian Parents for French and organized at the board or school level. The 18-page document you are purchasing here contains hand-outs for your students, such as:
- numerous checklists, to keep students organized
- simple registration form
- a sign-up sheet of presentation dates
- sample parent letter
- peer-evaluation checklist for written copy
- self-evaluation rubric for "after" their presentation
- list of sample post-presentation questions
- MC script for school-wide contest (optional)
- teacher marking sheet
- teacher notes, including step-by-step weekly notes and suggestions
6 weeks = writing assessment + oral speaking assessment
Your students are going to have fun AND you'll be so impressed once presentation day comes around!