French Revolution Unit, French Revolution Skit, French Revolution Simulation, The Enlightenment, King Louis XIV, King Louis XV, King Louis XVI, Impact of the American Revolution on France, Parisian Salons, The Three Estates, Clergy, Nobility, Third Estate, Estates-General, Estates-General Called, Third Estate Revolts, Storming of the Bastille, Women's March on Versailles, Flight to Varennes, Execution of Marie Antoinette, Execution of King Louis XVI, Reign of Terror, Robespierre, Maximilien Robespierre, Jacobins, Girondins, Thermidorian Reaction and the Directory.
This is an EXTREMELY FUN and ENGAGING simulation that I use to teach the French Revolution. The kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE doing this! The students split into eight groups, and are given one character to simulate through the events of the French Revolution. The students make decisions, and find out what happens to their character.
This learning really helps reinforce WHY things happened during the revolution, and how each of the three estates felt during the revolution. There are three skits included, and students experience ACTIVE LEARNING through moving and creating in almost every class! This simulation can be the centerpiece of your French Revolution Unit, and allows for further exploration into many topics.
The topics investigated in this simulation include:
- The Enlightenment
- King Louis XIV, XV, and XVI
- Marie Antoinette
- The Impact of the American Revolution on France
- Enlightenment Salons
- The Three Estates
- National Assembly
- Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen
- Storming of the Bastille
- Women's March on Versailles
- Jacobins and Girondins
- Flight to Varennes
- Reign of Terror
- Robespierre and the Committee of Public Safety
- Executions of Marie Antoinette and King Louis XVI
- Thermidorian Reaction and the Directory
Included in this product are:
- Teacher Directions and Pacing
- Characters that students design and decorate based on different estates. They make decisions that determine if their character survives.
- Three active role play skit activities
- Student packet where they make first person decisions!
- One research activity
- Engaging notes with student fill in sheets
- Primary source investigation of the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen
- Graphic organizer for the three estates
- Summary assignment – authentic assessment
- Connections to today's world
- Heaploads of fun!
I hope that your students enjoy this product as much as mine do! They go absolutely NUTS with EXCITEMENT when decorating their character, choosing decisions, and seeing the fates of their characters! 94 Pages of FUN!
This is a part of the French Revolution Unit. Individual Products from this unit include:
1. 20 French Revolution DBQ Bellringers
2. French Revolution - Journey Through Life Notes - SUPER ENGAGING INTERACTIVE NOTES!
3. Check out this STUDENT-LED Overview of the French Revolution Comic Strip Project!
4. ACTIVE LEARNING Simulation of the French Revolution! "Would your character survive the French Revolution?" So Much Fun! Very ENGAGING!