Here is what is included in this BUNDLE:
- Daily Plans
- Chapter Preview Sheet
- Storming the Bastille Activity
- French Revolution 58 Slide PPT ( 2 different versions are included)
- Tennis Court Oath Video
- French Revolution Writing Assignment
- Declaration of Rights of Man Compare and Contrast Writing Assign.
- French Revolution Drama Project
- French Revolution Story Book Project
- Mankind Story of All of US
- Crash Course Video Guide
- Test and Quizzes / Easy Version ( common core ) and Hard Version
- Paragraph prompts for World History
- History Channel Guide to French Revolution
- Flipped Classroom
- Famous Figure Evaluation
- Bonus YouTube video download
- Napoleon Reading & Quiz with Key
- French Revolution structured notes with KEY
- Les Miserables Video Guide
"Great resources. My students really enjoyed this topic thanks for this."
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- Google Drive lifetime FREE updates and any new products
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 22 years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
** EMAIL ME FOR THE GOOGLE DRIVE LINK ** for the 13 videos in this bundle.
If you are interested in the THE FIRST SEMESTER OF WORLD HISTORY
this includes everything and more.
-0. DAILY PLANS -
These are the daily plans that I use for this 3 week unit. There is more content here than is possible to use within that time frame.
-1. CHAPTER PREVIEW -
I do these with every chapter to allow the students to at least see what we are going to be studying before the unit begins. I have included 2 different versions of the Chapter Preview sheet. The chapter preview sheets take about 20 minutes to do in class.
-2. STORMING THE BASTILLE ACTIVITY -
I typically start the French Revolution off with a short concept attainment on Revolution and Constitution. I also go over the different estates and how they fit into the kingdom of the time.
After my short presentation I read them the story of the storming of the Bastille with all the students heads down and lights out.
I HAVE INCLUDED 2 PDF VERSIONS OF THIS! THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME THING BUT ONE IS A LITTLE LONGER THAN THE OTHER.
STORMING THE BASTILLE
-3. FRENCH REVOLUTION 58 SLIDE POWERPOINT-
I have broken the French Revolution into 4 stages to make it easy for students to remember what is happening. The stages are the Moderate, Reign of Terror, Reactionary and Napoleonic Stage. This presentation will cover everything in the Revolution and can be done individually or as a class.
- BONUS. TENNIS COURT VIDEO -
This is just a cool video of Roger Federer and Andre Agassi playing tennis in Dubai. It really has nothing to do with the French Revolution other than it is just fun. It may help the students remember the Tennis Court Oath, but that is about it.
-4. VALUES LINE CONSERVATIVES VS. LIBERALS -
This is a Values line lesson that I love love! It takes the students through the difference between a conservative and liberal and really shows them where they stand on some current real issues.
-5. FRENCH REVOLUTION WRITING ASSIGNMENT -
This is a great little writing assignment that reinforces everything that was gone over in the French Revolution PPT. This is a 4 paragraph essay that gives the students some freedom but also keeps them very much focused on what they are supposed to be focused on.
I would recommend using my FREE paragraph sheet download in addition to this assignment. I like to have students fill out at least 2 of these and then the other 2 paragraphs are on their own. ( I have included this in the download to save time)
-6. DECLARATION OF RIGHTS OF MAN COMPARE/CONTRAST -
- This is a lesson I did with my students in groups of 2 after I had finished explaining the Moderate Stage of the French Revolution. I had the students look at the documents and break down the differences in the documents. After they finished each person in the class had to compare or contrast the 2 documents in a paragraph. I have attached my paragraph sheet as a bonus for buying this lesson. I have included the key and the documents in this lesson. It worked out for a one day lesson and I gave the students 2 days to write the paragraph.
-7. FRENCH REVOLUTION PROJECTS -
I have included 3 projects to do with the French Revolution. A French Revolution Drama, an additional French Revolution Writing assignment, and a French Revolution story book.
-8. CRASH COURSE VIDEO GUIDE -
This is a 6 page guide that allows the teacher to hold the students accountable for what they are watching.
LINK TO CRASH COURSE
Here is what is included in this 6 page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students:
This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video:
A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the:
My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section:
I have chosen 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers:
There is a 7 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz:
I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.
-7. MANKIND THE STORY OF ALL OF US -
Here is what is included:
- A question sheet in WORD format that will keep the students following along.
- Answers to the question sheet
- A set of notes that can be referenced for a discussion following the video.
-BONUS: History Channel Mankind Story of US Guide
This 10th episode is good for either junior high or high school as it deals with REVOLUTIONS, Industrial Revolution, Factories, Opium War, Civil. I think this episode would work well with either Jr. High or High school.
Mankind embarks on a new age of exploration, and tames the wilderness. In North America, Siberia and Australia, ancient traditions are swept away in the name of commerce and science. Within a hundred years, the irrational fear that produced a witch trial in Salem gives way to a very rational cry for freedom. American revolutionaries confront a mighty empire. The battle for the modern world begins. Two great revolutions entwine. The American Revolution inspires dreams of political and personal liberty. The Industrial Revolution replaces muscle power with machines, freeing Mankind from nature's limits. But our oldest foe–disease–thrives in industrial cities. With the American Civil War, the two revolutions collide. The world's first industrial war, it is a battle to define "freedom."
LINK TO VIDEO
- 10. QUIZZES AND TESTS -
I will included all my test and quizzes for this chapter. I have included a hard and easy version of the test for French Revolution test.
- 11. BONUS -
I have included for FREE the Stanford lesson that goes with the French Revolution and a video.
- 12. PARAGRAPH PROMPTS –
These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
- 13. FRENCH REVOLUTION HISTORY CHANNEL VIDEO GUIDE –
The best video I have seen is the History Channel French Revolution documentary. It is really long at 1’29”. I show only the last part of it or so as it is too long to show in class.
- 14. FLIPPED CLASSROOM GUIDE -
This guide is a great way to teach a PPT/ Keynote. It allows the students to dig into the PPT/ Keynote and discuss with a group and meet with the teacher.
- 15. FAMOUS FIGURE EVALUATION -
Having students evaluate these famous figures is a great way to have students dig deeper into these famous figures. It includes 6 page bios, a lesson plan, PPT, and a quote analysis sheet for each of them. (Marie Antoinette, Marquis De Lafayette, Napoleon, Simon Bolivar, and Toussaint Overture.)
French Revolution Famous Figure Assignment
- 16. BONUS -
I also added my top 13 favorite youtube videos that are all 3-4 minutes in length so that they may be embedded in the PPT.
- 17. ONE PAGE NAPOLEON READING -
This one page summary of Napoleon's regime is a great way to introduce Napoleon to the class in the last stage of the revolution. Another option would be to have students annotate it or just have them read it in class as an intro. I have also added a short quiz and key for the reading.
- 18. FRENCH REVOLUTION STRUCTURED NOTES -
This is a one page front back summary of the French Revolution. There is also a key that goes with this great visual document.
- 19. LES MISERABLES VIDEO GUIDE -
This is a 2 page video guide that is simple but effective. I wanted something that allowed the students to watch the movie while still holding them accountable for what they were watching and getting ready to learn.
Make sure to check out my blog: Social Studies MegaStore Blog