Looking for an alternative to worksheet style homework programs? Do you have students who could use extra help with skills that you are practising at school? Are your students' parents asking for ways to support their child's learning at home? Or are you looking for some simple games to put out as word work or to use in small group teaching? Then this is the resource for you!
Here's what is included in this kit:
-8 easy to print and prep games that focus on the skill of sight words:
1. Sight Word Bingo
2. Sight Word Tic Tac Toe
3.Pot of Gold 'Boum' style Sight Word game
4. Spin & Say Fidget Spinner Game
5. Sight Word 'Guess Who' style game- Ou as-tu cache mon tresor?
6. Speed Reading Sight Words
7. Sight Word Cups Game (hide special toy under cups that have sight words on them and read word before flipping over)
8. Sight Word Swat game - One person call out sight word, other tries to swat the bug card that has that sight word.
-a simple to follow Parent Guide (in English) to accompany the games with instructions of how to play
-a list of the materials needed to add to the kit (except for some easy to find dollar store materials that you or parents can provide)
-a tracking sheet that parents can fill out to indicate if there are missing items in the kit
-a sign up sheet for signing out the kit (for teacher use)
If you like this resource, you might also like:
Phonemic Awareness Games in French