This product is in French
Enriching students vocabulary is crucial in second language acquisition. Immersion students need practice saying, reading and writing these words.I love the game Vite! Vite! (I have also seen it called scoot in English). I did not invent this game and am not sure where I picked it up. It can be used for all levels and subjects. I use it as practice and formative assessment.
WAIT! Before you purchase this product...we've bundled some of our best selling Christmas/Winter themed French Immersion Elementary Vocabulary products. CLICK HERE to check it out.
This set consists of 24 Christmas themed cards. On each card is a picture of a Christmas word. Along with the word there are all the letters making up the word scrambled on the card. The task is to correctly write the word based on these letters.
1. Play Vite! Vite!
2. Laminate them into task cards in a center. Students can use dry erase markers on them once laminated
3. Photocopy as a practice booklet.
How to play Vite Vite!
1. Print off the cards and cut them up. I prefer to print them on cardstock and laminate them. They will last for years.
2. Some teachers prefer to have the cards numbered. I prefer to leave the numbers off and write new numbers with a white board marker so that I can use them over again simply by mixing up the cards.
3. Place the cards face down on the desks. One card per desk.
4. Hand out an answer sheet to each student. This is the sheet students will write the answers to each of the problems on the cards.
5. Have each student stand up behind their desk and push their chair in.
6. Remind students about behavior and in which direction they will need to go next.
7. We then start the game. I set a timer to an appropriate amount of time I believe
students need to answer one question, or explain to them that they may move to another question if there are no students there. (This only works if you have more cards than students.)
8. Each time the timer goes off everyone rotates quickly and quietly.
a. At each rotation the student writes down the answer to the problem in the corresponding number box.
9. Once everyone is back at their original seat,
a) We check our answers quickly. Each student reads their card at their desk, and the class responds with the answer.
b) I gather them and record them as a formative assessment tool.
The students LOVE this game because they can get out of their seat and move around.
They also like that they must think fast so they are ready to move on before the timer.
This game includes
24 Vite! Vite! cards
1 student Answer sheet
This set is also part of a series of Christmas product which can be found in my store.
Enjoy and thanks for your purchase.
Vite! Vite! Noël - Vocabulaire - Lettres mélangées
by Madame Kenny
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License