This is a unit based on the 1999 musical which was a hit in France and Canada. It is a 2 hour rock/pop musical, starring Garou as Quasimodo. I recommend you buy the DVD (UPC # 064027081022
) on either Ebay, Amazon or Target.com, and study the story and song words together. I also recommend this for advanced high school students (Levels 3 & 4) or college students, partly for the vocabulary and partly for the mature themes. Included in this unit of study are eleven files, all in Microsoft Word 2007:
- Summary of story in French, with some English footnotes (25 pg)
-Summary of story in English, for teacher to be familiar with (2 pages)
- Lyrics to all the songs, Act I A (13 pgs), all in French, a few English footnotes
- Lyrics to all the songs Act I B (7 pgs) all in French, a few English footnotes
- Lyrics to all the songs Act II (15 pgs.) all in French, a few English footnotes
- Three embedded readings about the Middle Ages, in French, scaffolded, and a quiz. (18 pages)
- Three embedded readings about Gothic architecture, in French, scaffolded, and a quiz ( 10 pages)
- Character list in French and English ( 1 page)
- Lesson plans and ideas ( 1 page)
- Quizzes and Quiz keys ( 19 pgs.)
- Test for the end of the book ( 11 pages), study guide, and key
The unit takes about 6 weeks of daily study, or two months of once-a-week study in the classroom.
Can be used as a TPRS movie talk, or taught traditionally.