Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.07 MB | 184 pages, 7 slides pages
This unit is for TPRS teachers or regular teachers who want to teach using a French movie. The movie "Un Monstre à Paris" (2010) stars Vanessa Paradis. It's an animated movie, very cute, set in Paris in 1910. Lots of good culture. I recommend you buy the French/English DVD on Ebay or Amazon. The UPC # 6593558633 gets you the one with English and French subtitles as well as English and French tracts. Included in this unit are 7 files:
- Teacher notes with scene summaries...with suggested activities and an explanation of all the files in more detail (9 p)
- Script of the entire 90 minute movie, in both French and English, with cultural and grammar notes. (74 p.)
- Homework and Quiz sheets for each scene of the movie. These are half-sheet homework exercises / activities and 1/2 sheet quizzes of various types ( True/ False, put in order, answer, vocab.) (32 p.)
- Activity sheets in the "FilmArobics" style, with put in order activities, and other various activities to do as a whole class, in class (27 p.)
- A short cultural Power Point which covers some background information on Paris and the monuments that are included in the movie's setting ( 7 sliides)
- Screenshots of the movie to use as verbal prompts, verbal circling prompts or discussion prompts or movie talks. (25 p.)
- Two tests. One test is designed to be an end-of-the-book test, using True/False, vocabulary matching, character quotes, character descriptions, etc. Study guide and key are included. The other test is a multiple choice test designed to be part of a semester exam. Study guide and key are included. (17 p.)
Designed in Microsoft Word 2007 and MIcrosoft Power point 2007.
If used every day, this unit would take over 30 days to finish. If used as a once-a-week activity, it would take approximately a semester to finish.
The unit could be adapted for a beginning level high school TPRS class, but was designed for 3red or 4th year French students.