Foldables are interactive graphic organizers that students create. They can be used as a self-check study guide. It can be a learning/assessment tool. It’s fun, motivating, hands-on, works as a study guide, independent practice or guided practice that reaches all learners. Your students will create easy-to-use "verb conjugation foldables" that will help them practice and learn how to conjugate verbs! Each foldable is on a single piece of paper/cardstock for ease of use! The students cut along dotted lines.
For example, for the verb "Être / to be" foldable the student flips up the “tu” flap to reveal the conjugation “es”. Students can use these to study and practice.
1. Print the verb you want students to learn and practice back to back. For example pages 4 and 5.
2. Fold the solid lines of page 5 inward.
3. Cut along the dotted lines up to the solid line of page 4.
4. Repeat the same procedure for each verb.
5. Now the card should be ready to use with students uncovering the conjugation of the subject pronoun they choose.
1. Subject Pronouns
2. Present tense of –er verbs
3. Present tense of –ir verbs
4. Present tense of –re verbs
5. aller to go
6. asseoir to seat, to sit/set down
7. avoir to have
8. connaître to be acquainted with, to know
9. croire to believe
10. dire to say
11. écrire to write
12. être to be
13. faire to do
14. lire to read
15. mettre to put on
16. pouvoir to be able to, “can”
17. recevoir to receive
18. préférer to prefer
19. savoir to know, to know facts about, to know how to do something
20. sortir to exit, to leave, to go out
21. suivre to follow
22. tenir to hold
23. valoir to be worth
24. venir to come
25. vivre to live
26. voir to see
27. vouloir to want