Teaching grammar in French can be a headache especially when it comes to tenses. How about a resource with a fun context, some music, explanations, exercises and correction in just one place to make things easier?
Here’s a flexible resource to help you teach about the present conditional in French and have fun while teaching it!
You will find a step-by-step powerpoint with 22 slides (with guiding notes at the bottom of each slide) with a relevant context for the lesson, a clearly explained and progressive grammatical point and exercises to practice. Every activity is followed by a feedback/correction to save your time.
This resource is aimed at intermediate students but you can easily adapt it for pre-intermediate or advanced students.
You will also get the handout with 6 pages so that students can keep a written track of their learning.
The resource contains:
1. A self-target setting slide with the objectives of the lesson
2. A starter with a speaking activity about hypothetical decisions
3. A song to introduce the conditional with questions and lyrics filling gap
4. An explanation about the different uses of the conditional tense with clear examples
5. An explanation about the formation of the conditional
6. Introduction to the most irregular verbs
7. Exercises (filling gaps, writing, sentences to complete, sentences to change from present to imperfect, matching up between texts and pictures)
8. A survey as a plenary
9. A review of objectives
Have fun teaching the conditional tense!
I suggest you teach the imperfect tense before for the endings. The resource is available here:
French imperfect PPT
French imperfect booklet
Check my store for more for resources about grammar and tenses here:
French grammar tenses bundle