“Une vie parisienne” is a course in 8 lessons.
The course is a series comprising 8 full-developed lessons. The course lessons are structured in the form of a diary! This diary describes the life of Cléo as she reflects on the City of Paris, her daily life in the city, and her emotions and reactions while experiencing the city.
The course will allow your students to improve their competency in French by discovering Paris through Cléo’s eyes and so living a “parisian life” by proxy. It is also a way to create anticipation in your students for the next episode, looking forward to know more, to understand. This desire is one of the best ways to engage the students !
Moreover, it is a way to prepare them to take the DELF B1-B2 exams because this course is based on comprehension and expression.
As well as providing a structured and fully developed course in French comprehension and expression, the course also can be used by anyone interested in refreshing and improving your level in the French language. The teaching practices used in the course can also help teachers find new ways to teach language.
Each episode is composed of :
- an audio and written core component in each chapter
- a lesson of 7 steps :
- Anticipation (an introductory moment where the teacher and students go over the series topics: City of Paris, to live in a capital city, friendship, cooking).
- Oral understanding (listening 1 - global understanding with open questions / listening 2 - detailed understanding with multiple-choice questionnaire)
- Written understanding (listening 3 and reading 1 / vocabulary exercise)
- Grammatical observation (a grammatical topic is covered using questions and exercises from the story).
- Systematic learning of grammatical point (references to grammatical exercises from the F.L.E. books and website)
- Re-listening (Phonetic Help)
- Expression (presentation of oral written expression exercises covering topics seen in the series corrections of questionnaires, vocabulary, grammar and phonetic exercices)
The steps 1 to 6 can be done in 1h30 or in 2X0:45 (steps 1 to 3 : 0:45 + steps 4 to 6 : 0:45). The step 7 can be a homework or can be done in 50 minutes : 20 minutes of preparation in small groups and 30 minutes of pooling with all the class.
Here is the list of the 8 chapters with topics and grammatical points covered :
- Episode 1 - Paris (historic city, daily life) (prépositions (de temps, de lieu) + prépositions liées au verbe)
- Episode 2 - L’amour à… Paris (noms, adjectifs, adverbes)
- Episode 3 - Paris et la cuisine (pronoms relatifs)
- Episode 4 - Paris en famille (les temps du discours - conjugaison)
- Episode 5 - Paris à vélo (imparfait - passé composé / les pronoms (sujets, compléments, possessifs…)
- Episode 6 - Des musées et des oeuvres à Paris (dérivation : noms, adjectifs, adverbes)
- Episode 7 - Créer son entreprise à Paris (connecteurs logiques du discours)
- Episode 8 - De nationalité parisienne (syntaxe)
Thank you for choosing “Une vie parisienne” and I hope you have excellent teaching/learning sessions !
Une vie parisienne - Leçon 5
de Delphine Bench
est mis à disposition selon les termes de la licence Creative Commons Attribution - Pas d’Utilisation Commerciale - Pas de Modification 3.0 non transposé