Teaching grammar in French can be a headache especially when it comes to tenses. If you need to teach the imperfect tense but you are not quite sure where to start, this flexible resource will help you.
You will find a step-by-step powerpoint (with guiding notes at the bottom of each slide) with a relevant context for the lesson, a clearly explained and progressive grammatical point and exercises to practice. Every activity is followed by a feedback/correction to save your time.
This resource is aimed at intermediate students but you can easily adapt it for pre-intermediate or advanced students.
The resource contains:
1. A self-target setting slide with the objectives of the lesson
2. A starter with a story to reorder and verbs to identify
3. An explanation about the different uses of the imperfect tense with clear examples
4. An explanation about the formation of the imperfect
5. Introduction to the verb ÊTRE, -CER verbs, GER verbs
6. Exercises (filling gaps, writing, word search, sentences to complete, sentences to change from singular to plural form)
7. A review of objectives
Have fun teaching the imperfect tense!
I suggest you also use the booklet:
French imperfect booklet
Check my store for more for resources about grammar and tenses here:
French grammar tenses bundle