FrenchQuest is a method of teaching French as a second language that puts students in control of their own learning.
Students select from a menu of options including missions, quests, challenges and awards - working at their own pace as they go.
It’s about choice and flexibility to allow all students to feel successful and encouraged while learning French so they’ll continue to engage and learn.
See one example of FrenchQuest in action by viewing: https://youtu.be/1ZnFSWdOzHg
FrenchQuest integrates with Google Classroom as the method of tracking student work.
This starter kit contains:
- 25 page PDF Teacher's Guide which contains all the links, files and instructions you will need to get started
- Mission: Je me présente (contains 6 activities)
- Mission: Ma famille (contains 6 activities)
- Quests: Step One, Two and Three (the entire student inquiry process, guided step by step)
- Challenges (5 activities for CEFR A1 speaking practice)
- Awards (3 activities to encourage French practice outside of FrenchQuest)
- BONUS: Printable conversation prompts (also available separately in my TPT store)
- Lifetime support via the FrenchQuest facebook group
The starter kit contains enough content for at least 3+ months of school and teaches you the ropes of how FrenchQuest works. From there, you can easily expand on the idea with your own content or co-create more missions, quests, challenges and activities with your students. Expansion packs of more missions will be available for purchase as well should you choose to not create your own.
FrenchQuest is aimed at French language learners at the A1 level of the CEFR. It can be easily adapted to all grade levels and student skill levels due to its flexible nature. If you teach multiple grades, all grade levels can use FrenchQuest - because students are in the drivers seat, they will self-differentiate according to their capabilities (e.g., older students will finish activities more quickly as a "review" while younger students may take a while because it's brand new; older students may write full complex sentences while younger students can only respond in single words or with model phrases; etc.).
Have further questions or want to interact with other teachers using FrenchQuest? Join our facebook community at https://www.facebook.com/groups/frenchquest/