Sometimes our students forget some of the "unwritten" math rules that we take for granted, such as "Every whole number has a denominator of 1."
With this poster set, those rules are no longer unwritten, and students can view them around your room.
There are 10 different posters in this set. The following rules are covered:
1. Negative Variables = -1 times the variable.
2. Every whole number has a decimal.
3. Variables are multiplied by the coefficient in front of it.
4. Dividing numbers by zero = undefined.
5. All lone variables have a coefficient of 1.
6. Whole numbers have a denominator of 1.
7. Every number is positive (unless there's a negative sign).
8. Every number has TWO square roots.
9. Whole numbers have an exponent of 1.
10. Nonzero numbers to the power of zero = 1.
Images can be printed on any kind of paper (I printed mine on colored paper and laminated).