Ready to start teaching Freshmen English but need a better system for classroom management and a great way to not only make a good impression but show your students the value of English, your class? This kit includes the following:
- My actual syllabus: with grading, tardy policy, expectations and course outline. You can easily change different parts of it to fit your curriculum for the year. It also comes with an "acknowledgement" at the end for the student and parent to sign, stating they read and understand the syllabus and my expectations.
- Seating chart: with movable boxes to easily change your seating arrangement and place students where you want them.
- Partner Clock: easy way for students to write down multiple partners then use them throughout the year so they aren't with the same partner all of the time.
- Reading checklist: Includes available texts for the year, so I don't teach a book most of the students read at a previous school. Also using it for literature circles to prevent students reading the same book multiple times.
- Action Plan: My classroom management tool I use for tardees, late or no homework or assignment turn in, disrespectful behaviors, etc. Great for keeping track of behavior and instituting accountability because the student fills it out. Also good for parent conferences so they have students' words if a problem arises.
- My First Day of School Lesson Plan: includes classroom expectations, a couple of fun writing activities with group work, and a get to know you section
- List of Writing Careers: to reiterate importance of writing and this list goes in conjunction with an activity during the first day of school
Thank you for viewing my product. If you are interested in additional materials for English and History courses that are easily adaptable, please go to my store at https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Edge-On-Education and make sure to check back often to see new products and sales.
Copyright © Kristen Edge. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.