Also included in
- This creative summer packet includes distance learning math and literacy resources that are excellent to use with preschool kids at home. Numbers, Alphabet, and other useful resources designed by a fully qualified Early Childhood Teacher.Resources for young bilingual students have also been included$30.00$54.00Save $24.00
Frida Kahlo projects are great for celebrating international women’s history month and international women’s day. Make this fun Frida Kahlo paper plate craft, perfect to add to your womens history month activities as your students learn about famous women in history. This printable can also be used for different Frida Kahlo activities such as classroom decor (womens history month bulletin board), and Spanish activities (Spanish vocabulary, and Hispanic culture).
Dia De Los Muertos Ofrenda Decoration
Ofrendas (shrines) for Dia de Los Muertos traditionally display portraits of the person or people that the 'ofrenda' is dedicated to. In Mexico many ofrendas are made for famous Mexican people who passed away, and Frida Kahlo is one of the most popular personalities who is often chosen as the honoured person in these types of ofrendas.
This craft looks beautiful as a decoration for a Frida Kahlo ofrenda. If you want a more -catrina-looking' style, we also have a Frida Kahlo Sugar Skull Activity available in our shop.
You might like: Frida Kahlo Sugar Skulls Project
* Appropriate for distance learning during the coronavirus pandemic. Teachers are welcome to share this resource online with parents and students for remote learning *
► An original Hispanic Heritage Month craftivity
Use this Frida Kahlo craft as one of your cinco de mayo activities.
Each student can design their own Frida Kahlo paper plate craft, adding their own individual and original creative touch then they can be brought together as part of a women’s history month themed classroom bulletin board.
The printable pack includes Frida’s face, Frida’s earrings, Frida’s flowers - all based on items she wore in real life which are present in her self portraits.
You might like: Day of The Dead Sugar Skulls Activity
► Frida Kahlo Spanish class activity
Adapt this Frida Kahlo project as part of your Spanish class activities or for your Spanish classroom door decor. You can practice Spanish vocabulary by learning the different words of the elements of the Frida you create (ojos, cejas, pendientes, flores, etc). Each student can then write in Spanish about Frida (maybe even a poem) on the back of the paper plate and this can be presented to the whole class. This a fun way to practice Spanish and the research involved will also help your students learn about Mexican culture and Latin America, so this printable can also be used during Hispanic heritage month.
► About the legendary famous artist
Frida Kahlo was a Mexican artist known for her famous paintings and self-portraits. Her style was defined by her unique surreal look and fashion sense which included incredible jewelry, earrings and fantastic floral hair arrangements. Frida Kahlo is one of history’s most important women as she challenged the way we think about women’s appearances, art, fashion and feminism. She was unable to walk for parts of her life but this did not stop her from being a true pioneer. Her muse was herself (she had a mirror above her bed so she could paint herself when she was bedridden) but she was also heavily influenced by Mexican folk art. This activity is therefore great for celebrating Frida Kahlo as a famous woman in history, but also to celebrate Mexican culture.
► How to make the Frida Kahlo Paper Plate Craft
- Color in paper plate (using paint or marker)
- Color in different elements from printable: upper face, earrings and flowers
- Cut out face, earrings and flowers
- Arrange and stick on paper plate
- Add lips in your own creative way (paint, crayon, felt)
- Add any other creative touches (perhaps some rosy cheeks, hair ribbons, etc.)
And voila you have your very own Frida Kahlo!
You might like this spring activity too: Recycled City (Community Building Activity)
► Why is this resource useful?
- Early finishers activity in Spanish class
- Spruce up your Spanish classroom decor
- Grow your collection of Spanish activities
- After-school club or Spanish club time-filler
- Complement a famous women in history lesson or Mexico culture unit
- A low-prep Hispanic heritage month project / Women History Month project.
- Create a colorful bulletin board or display
Since this activity welcomes all levels of artistic skills, it has proven to be successful with students ranged from Pre-K, Kindergarten, Elementary up to Middle School and High School. The Fridas can be as simple or as complicated as each student chooses.
► WHAT'S INCLUDED
PDF file with the following:
- 1 page with Frida’s earrings
- 1 page with Frida’s head flowers
- 1 page with 3 upper Frida Faces
- *Update* 1 page with Frida's hair outline
- 1 page with 1 Frida head outline
- 1 page with 1 complete Frida head (low prep version)
* Please see the preview before purchasing (the latest update of Frida's hair outline is not shown in the preview) .
► Other teachers are also loving:
- Morning Greetings Poster (available in English or Spanish)
- 1-10 Animal Numbers
- Recycled City (Community Building Activity)
- Frida Kahlo Sugar Skulls Project
* Earn TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page on your TpT profile.
- Select 'Provide Feedback'.
- Leave an honest rating with a short comment for this product.
- That's it! have fun spending your TpT credit :)
Click here to Follow my TpT store and catch new products at a reduced price for the first 48H.