Also included in
- Would you like to help your students practice the preterit vs imperfect? This bundle includes several of our best selling materials including a reading and listening about La Llorona, a reading on Cinco de Mayo, a text and listening about Frida Khalo, and a board game to encourage speaking. The mate$15.71$17.46Save $1.75
Would you like to help your students practice the preterit vs imperfect while listening to a biography of one of Mexico's most iconic artists, Frida Kahlo?
Easily adaptable for distance learning - just email or screenshare!
The lesson is designed to:
- Introduce students to Mexican painter and cultural icon: Frida Kahlo
- To generate interest among students about Frida Kahlo and contemporary Mexican art
- Practice the difference between the preterit & imperfect verb tenses
- Improve listening comprehension
- Practice broad and narrow listening skills with an authentic recording
- Generate discussion
This lesson is made for intermediate to advanced students or heritage speakers regardless of age. It uses the "SIMBA CHEATED" rules to help explain the preterite vs imperfect (handout included!)
The download includes:
- 1 lesson plan (.word doc & pdf)
- 2 page student worksheet (pdf)
- Full answer key (pdf)
- 1/2 page listening quiz (pdf)
- Audio file of biography (m4a) and link to YouTube recording
- 1 page student handout on "SIMBA CHEATED" Preterite vs Imperfect rules (PDF)
If you're teaching about Preterite vs Imperfect, you might also like...