Use these resources as you teach a mini unit on Frida Kahlo or while teaching Kristy Placido's excellent TPRS novel, "Frida". Our students enjoyed these activities last year and felt very successful viewing these different authentic videos. We hope your students do too! There are 5 #authres videos to use! This also includes 2 pre AP assessments.
This activity is for an advanced level 2 or beyond. Included in this packet are activities based on two authentic videos about Frida Kahlo.
Included in this packet are:
1. A reading based on the authentic video about Frida
2. Comprehension questions in English
3. #Authres Reading activity
4. T/F questions with two game options based on video and reading
5. Who is it game and worksheet
6. Grab It/ Slap game with images and text from video/reading
7. Sequence activity
8. 2 different tweet activities
9. A second video #authres with matching activity and t/f questions.
Mix and Trade output speaking activity and/or Scoot]
10. A reading and video about Frida Kahlo as a Hero.
11. 2 AP prep assessments,: 1.. a persuasive essay and 2. a cultural comparison.
12. An interpretive listening that leads to a debate activity.
Check out these activities for free on our blog: Sequencing secret message and Grab it game below.