- This bundle includes 5 Hispanic Artist units (4-6 weeks of lessons!). The artists include: Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, Fernando Botero, Pablo Picasso, and Salvador Dalí. Each lesson includes PPT, activities, project, reading and video with questions, discussion questions, teacher instructions, and$40.00$46.00Save $6.00
Frida Kahlo Spanish Mini-Unit for Intermediate level students. This week-long unit includes a biography, video, questions, scavenger hunt, gallery walk, choice board project, and more. With authentic resources, discussion questions, and comprehension tasks, students will learn about Frida's life and artwork.
- PPT with all of included materials to present to the class and discussion questions
- 1 page biography about Kahlo’s life and main art styles/inspirations (intermediate level) with 10 reading comprehension questions and answer key (bio and questions are in Intermediate level Spanish)
- Youtube Video about Kahlo’s paintings with 6 multiple choice comprehension questions and answer key;
- Gallery Walk of Kahlo’s famous pieces with questions for analysis
- Scavenger Hunt questions using Kahlo’s famous pieces
- Listening Activity with 6 multiple choice questions
- Choice Board Self Portrait Project with Rubric
- Students are given 5 options to create a self portrait using the themes/styles of Frida Kahlo. The choice board and rubric is included.
- Intro with biography and video
- Students delve deeper into areas of her life with paintings and questions.
- Listening Activity
- Scavenger Hunt using 7 of Frida’s paintings: post paintings around the room and students have a list of questions they are looking to answer.
- Gallery Walk: Same pictures posted around the room; now students walk around giving their opinions, impressions, questions, etc. (Ideas on slide 11)
- Deep thinking questions (slides 20-26): students work in small groups to deeply analyze one of her paintings. There is a document with painting descriptions to help you and the students better understand the meaning/symbolism.
- Choice Board project
This will depend on how long your classes are. At my school, blocks are 87 minutes. We spent 3 blocks on this entire lesson unit.
See how I teach my art unit HERE!
For other Hispanic art units, view these resources from my TpT Store:
More ideas at www.llearningllama.blogspot.com