Friday Letter Anchor Chart, Letter Templates and Prompts for Friday Letters
Need to amp up classroom community? Friday Letters are the PERFECT way to form an everlasting bond with your students. Each Friday students will have the opportunity to write you a letter. It can be a letter about their week, a letter replying to a prompt, a letter to tell you ANYTHING that they want. They have all week to work on their letter.. then they give it to you on Friday.
What's Inside the Friday Letters Starter Pack?
- Friday Letter Anchor Chart (tells students what to write about each week)
- 40 Weekly Prompts in Color (+10 Editable/Blank Pages to Add Your Own Prompts)
- 40 Weekly Prompts in Black and White (+10 Editable/Blank Pages to Add Your Own Prompts)
- 40 Weekly Prompts on ONE EASY SHEET
- Google Link to Digital Weekly Prompts
- 3 Different Letter Templates for Students to Write On
EDITABLE PAGES [You will need PowerPoint or can open the PPT in Google Slides]:
- Editable Friday Letter Anchor Chart
- Editable TEACHER Replies (type right on, print & give to students)
- Editable Weekly Prompts
Replying to Friday Letters?
What happens next is up to you. Replying to every letter every week is not always realistic. However, you can reply in one letter to the whole class, you can create a rotating schedule and reply to a few students per week, or depending on class sizes, you can reply to as many students as you can each week. The choices are unlimited.
REGARDLESS of how you reply, giving students the opportunity to open their hearts and minds to you will open up endless opportunities for building relationships in your classroom.