Friendly Letter Writing Unit - Parts of a Friendly Letter Template Paper
What educators are saying
Also included in
- 1st Grade Writers Workshop is made simple with this bundle specifically designed to teach opinion writing, personal narratives and friendly letters! These 1st Grade Writers Workshop units are designed to promote independence through clear and predictable instructions within each unit. Help your studPrice $15.00Original Price $19.75Save $4.75
Teaching your students about writing a friendly letter is a valuable and fun activity. This Friendly Letter Unit has everything you need to introduce your students to this writing genre and guide them to independent friendly letter writing. Begin by teaching the parts of a friendly letter to your students and let them practice sorting them into the correct place. Then teach your students the format using the friendly letter templates provided in this resource. They will love the cut and paste parts of a friendly letter activities as they fill in a friendly letter template with the provided text. Next, guide your students to develop thoughtful writing skills as they learn to write with intention. They will learn that writing a friendly letter should include a purpose, written to a specific audience, and share details that support why they are writing. Using the provided checklists student will be guided through the thinking of who they are writing to, why they are writing, and what they want to say. This friendly letter outline activity pays off as students are able to write a well-thought-out friendly letter. Students will also work on proper capitalization and punctuation as they write their friendly letters. These Writing a Friendly Letter activities are perfect for your whole class writing lessons. Once you introduce the friendly letter concept you can also add the activities to your writing center or complete them during your daily writer's workshop block. Please download the preview for more specifics and mini-images!
This Friendly Letter Writing Unit includes:
- Teacher Tips
- Mini-lesson ideas
- Printable worksheets for small group, individual, homework practice
- Parent letter about friendly letter writing unit
- Friendly Letter Examples
- Read aloud ideas for your friendly letter unit
- Anchor charts for Writing a Friendly Letter and Word Banks
- Friendly Letter Template Poster
- Parts of a Friendly Letter sorting activity
- Parts of a Friendly Letter labeling activity
- 3 Friendly Letter Puzzles for practicing format
- Friendly Letter Planning pages
- Celebration certificates
- Friendly Letter Paper options (Handwriting Without Tears, plain lines, lines with dashes)
This Writing Workshop Unit of Study is geared for first grade, but I have had feedback that it works well in 2nd and 3rd grade.
See What Other Teachers are Saying . . .
⭐ Great templates to engage and scaffold learners into letter writing. The variety allowed for student agency and meant the kids were excited to produce quality letters.
⭐ A great variety of activities to use to teach friendly letter writing. My students had lots of choice in paper styles and I appreciated the literature suggestions.
⭐ This resource was AWESOME for letter writing. It had so many different components! I used some of it to build interactive anchor charts, some for individual practice, and a lot to guide my teaching. It really had everything I needed to teach letter writing. Thank you!
More Reading Resources from Growing Firsties:
THANK YOU FOR VISITING GROWING FIRSTIES!
FOLLOW ME on TpT and be the first to be notified of new resources and sales. Just click the Green Star at the top of the Page.
Let’s Connect . . .
Copyright © Growing Firsties. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.