This pack includes 18 activities that can be used as lessons, small group tasks or lesson starters to assist your students to become confident and competent little mathematicians when adding and subtracting using two-digit numbers.
Most tasks in this pack can be differentiated according to your students' needs and abilities. We have included a list of suggestions on how some of the activities can be modified to cater for your student's needs.
- Teacher Differentiation Guide
- Hundreds chart
- What does 100 look like?
- “Flip it to find 100” – Interactive Notebook
- Add ‘em up – Addition to 100
- Take ‘em away – Subtraction from 100
-100 cents = $1.00 (open ended money task)
- Over the Rainbow 1 – Addition to 100
- Over the Rainbow 2 – Addition to 100
- How many more to 100 – using MAB for addition
- Subtract from100 – using MAB for subtraction
- Roll and Jump game and reflection – jump strategy & inverse operations
- Hop to 100 – Addition to 100
- Addition Investigation + reflection
- “Spin it” game – Subtraction from 100
- “Flip it” – split strategy and inverse operations
- Subtraction interactive crosses + blank template
- Subtraction Cootie Catcher
- Open-ended problem
- Colour- by – Number
- 120 Hundred Chart
No further teacher prep needed, simply print and use!
We hope you and your students enjoy this resource.