Friendship lessons and activities to teach students positive social skills and how to make friends! This unit is great for back to school or Valentine's Day.
This 4-5 week unit about friendship is designed for children in Pre-K, Kindergarten, or 1st grade. This unit works very well at the beginning of the school year, but can also be used at any time throughout the year when students need to work on getting along with each other.
In this unit, students learn about positive social skills (sharing, turn-taking, helping others) and how to be a good friend. They learn about emotions and how to manage their emotions. Students then learn about families and how their class at school is a kind of "family." The unit concludes with a special culminating project that brings families into the classroom for a presentation.
Here's what the unit includes:
- Clearly-written lesson plans that will last for about 23 days (1 brief lesson per day)
- Common Core ELA Alignment
- Printable materials and writing paper to go with the lessons (different versions of materials included to meet students' varying developmental needs)
- Parent letters to send home (each letter in English & Spanish)
- List of suggested texts to go with the unit
- Centers ideas & supplemental activities
Please view the preview before you purchase!
By: Learning At The Primary Pond with Ms. Lilypad