Often, young children in special education settings lack basic friendship skills. This includes lacking basic vocabulary, knowing students' names, and seeing where to interact in a school setting.
This is a literacy/activity pack to go with a “Friendship” theme. This pack meant for the more linguistically challenged students and is perfect for speech/special education collaboration. Two interactive books, and a customized friendship book is included. This is nice for integrating literacy and language activities. Clip art is from Smarty Symbols, and is copyrighted. Some children graphics are from Whimsy Clips.
- “Friends at School” Interactive Book--pages 3-13
- Icons for the “Friends at School” book– page 14
- Sentence Frame for “Friends at School” -page 15
- “Verbs of Friendship” interactive book–pages 16-25
- Icons for “Verbs of Friendship” –page 26
-“My Own Friendship Book” pages 27-32 ---children
create a customized booklet showing
WHO their friends are,
WHAT they do with friends, and
WHERE they go with friends.