Also included in
- The mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for third, fourth, and fifth grade includes 8 units with 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS and activities that encourage older kids to build important social-emotional skills. Teach children the most important social and emotional lessons$87.00$120.00Save $33.00
- This Relationships & Friendship SEL curriculum BUNDLE for Grades 3-5 includes the PRINTABLE VERSION & a DIGITAL VERSION. Use both perfectly-aligned resources together to teach older kids about developing strong relationships with their teacher and peers, how to be a good friend and how to ma$22.00$27.00Save $5.00
- This mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for 3-5 includes the PRINTABLE VERSIONS & DIGITAL VERSIONS of all 8 units. Each unit consists of 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with printable and digital, interactive activities that encourage older kids to build important$128.00$216.00Save $88.00
This relationships SEL curriculum includes 5 detailed lessons filled with hands-on and mindful activities that teach older kids about developing strong relationships with their teacher and peers, how to be a good friend and how to make friends, as well as practice ways to be an effective communicator and how to cooperate and work well in a group.
↑↑↑ See the PREVIEW for more details and pictures of what this awesome resource has to offer! ↑↑↑
♥♥The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for 3-5 is available for a SPECIAL DISCOUNT. You get an entire year’s worth of lessons (40 included) and activities to help older kids to develop emotional literacy, self-control, and social competence! ♥♥
Need digital and printable SEL lessons and activities?
♥♥The DIGITAL & PRINTABLE Social Emotional Learning Curriculum COMBO BUNDLE for grades 3-5 is available NOW at a HUGE discount (45% OFF buying the units separately)! Use both bundles together (DIGITAL & PRINTABLE) to offer a well-rounded SEL program in your classroom! ♥♥
What does this Relationship unit cover?
Through a variety of thought-provoking lessons, discussions, community building ideas, and tons of engaging activities…
Lesson 1: Teacher-Student Relationship
★Kids will learn to understand what a relationship is and why the teacher-student one is important. They will work on this relationship together through get to know you activities and open discussions.
Lesson 2: Communication Skills
★Kids will learn to understand the importance of effective communication skills in building relationships. They will practice and demonstrate these skills with others.
Lesson 3: What is a Friend?
★Kids will learn to describe what a friend is and the qualities they possess. They will identify ways that they can be a good friend and work towards that goal.
Lesson 4: Making & Keeping Friends
★Kids will learn to describe specific behaviors and strategies they can use to help them make friends. They will understand that there are dilemmas and ways that they can be avoided.
Lesson 5: Collaboration & Teamwork
★Kids will learn to understand the importance of collaboration and teamwork in the classroom. They will work cooperatively with others for a common goal.
Activities included in the Relationship unit:
- Discussion Starters cards
- Lesson Challenge Task Cards
- Anchor chart pieces & examples
- Reflection Journal
- Bulletin board ideas & materials
- Literature connections & writing activities
- Tons of linked videos to support lessons
- Games - Bingo & Board
- Scenario task cards
- Foldable craftivity
- Vocabulary lesson
- Friendship quote banner
- Ice Breaker activities
- Student survey & Questionnaire
- & more!
PLUS A BRAND NEW BONUS: Family Partnership Guide
Connect with and encourage families to take part in the social-emotional learning development of their child and the concepts you are teaching at school. Each unit includes a printable guide with a letter to families, strategies and activities they can try at home, and a book guide with video links.
WHY this is the ONE Social-Emotional Learning resource you need to teach kids about their emotions!
- Each lesson and follow-up activities can extend to cover your SEL time for a month! This is a flexible SEL curriculum that can be taught when teachers have time, while the recommendation is to teach a lesson once a week and extend it throughout the week with the follow-up activities.
- You will have what you need to facilitate meaningful discussions and impactful activities that build important social and emotional skills and grow your classroom community.
- You will save time as the planning is done for you.
- Since this is research-based and follows the CASEL framework for SEL, you know that you are covering the most important lessons kids need!
- It provides a TON of variety and includes activities that will engage students and help them build important emotional awareness skills.
- The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or end of the day lessons, for school counselors, classroom teachers, and in a homeschool setting.
♥♥Teach the printable version of this unit with the digital version of the Relationships & Friendship unit. Buy them together in THIS $$ saving bundle! ♥♥
Notes for Teachers:
Teachers are provided with lesson materials, instructions, and a layout that is simple and easy to implement. mind+heart is a flexible SEL curriculum that can be taught when educators have time, while the recommendation is to teach a lesson once or more a week. The format works well during morning or classroom meetings.
mind+heart loosely aligns with the CASEL framework of the 5 core competencies for SEL, as well as other state SEL initiatives, which are research-based. It provides educators with an affordable and accessible option that is comprehensive and appropriate for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade elementary classrooms.
♥♥Teach primary K-2? The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 is also available for a SPECIAL DISCOUNT. Get an entire year’s worth of lessons (40 included) and activities to help younger children to develop social-emotional skills TODAY! ♥♥
Looking for MORE great resources?
Check out the printable SEL units for 3-5:
Check out the *DIGITAL* SEL units for 3-5:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft