This is such a fun and engaging activity for you to complete with students at the beginning of the year to build a sense of community and friendship. It's also great to pull out after a long break or when they're tension in the classroom.
(Optional) Pair it with The Fruit Salad Friend by Maria Dismondy for a literacy component!
*Labels for your fruit cans, marshmallows, and yogurt
* A Friendship Salad Recipe mini book
* NO Rotten Bananas allowed sign to post on your classroom door or wall
* Text-to-Self Response Page
* Make your own Friendship Fruit Salad recipe response page
* Parent Letters explaining the project, checking for food allergies, and requesting ingredients to be sent in
* Friendship Salad Ingredient Posters for the classroom