Friendship | Super Friend | Social Emotional Learning | Relationship Skills
- Internet Activities
Also included in
- This social skills and social emotional learning full curriculum "The Best Of Me" for Pre-K covers the areas of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making and social. This curriculum is also appropriate for grade levels K-2nd depending onPrice $65.00Original Price $83.00Save $18.00
This social emotional learning PUPPET video lesson and social story game teaches students what it means to be a great friend to others. We want all student to learn to be super friends so that they can have lasting friendships and relationships with others. *Note- You will need the internet ONLY to view the puppet video
Let’s teach students how to be super friends! This is simply done through an engaging puppet video lesson, social story game, related discussion questions, a transition to close the lesson, printable coloring award, an extended learning “idea” for that week and "The Best Of Me Awards!"
YES! YES! YES! See preview for a better look at this product (you might not even have to read the rest after you see the preview but I would love it if you did). Everything included is mentioned in the preview above.
In this video lesson, Tommy's friend can't come over to play because he is sick. Tommy thinks of ways he can be a SUPER FRIEND and help his friend feel better. In the product there will be a link to click on to view the 6.5 minute puppet video. This is done through VIMEO (ad free and you don't need an account to view) and will require the internet. If you want to preview the video ahead of time you can do so on Boom Learning (you do not need an account to preview the video). After you touch the "preview" button below and are brought to the Boom Learning Site, click on the blue button that says view full size preview and proceed to page 2 to view the video. PREVIEW
The social story game contains first the puppet video and then an 14-page social story where students are given different scenarios about being a SUPER FRIEND. They need to decide if they show a thumbs up card (or use their own thumb) or a thumbs down card for yes/no responses.
Questions to foster discussions about the lesson
A simple question students will answer to help them transition nicely to the next activity. This also should be used as DATA to see if students understood the lesson.
A coloring sheet/award with Tommy’s picture on it!
A simple “idea” on how to build on this lesson. This is done through modeling, teacher acknowledgement and praise
This is how I teach all of the social story games:
- Watch the puppet video and then read the social story game on a DIGITAL DEVICE used as PDF or you can print it out. Students will use their thumb cards to show you yes/no answers for each page. Personally, I sometimes will stop to go more in depth on the pages I feel need to be discussed more and to expand on the story.
- Have students answer the discussion questions that go along with the lesson
- Ask each child the transition question as they transition to the next activity.
- Embed the extended learning ”idea” casually throughout the week to build on this lesson
- .Print & Color the Award with Tommy's picture on it
- Hand out "The Best Of Me" awards throughout the week/year when you see students giving "The Best Of Me"
This activity is simple, effective and easy to follow! I am a huge fan of simple because I think it does the trick most of the time while keeping the engagement, focus and attention!
This lesson is grouped into Level Pre-K (as a part of "The Best Of Me" Pre-K Curriculum), but can be used with all primary grade levels.
You can teach this in a large group, small group or to individual students
There is one OPTIONAL prep item (thumb cards-see preview). If you buy the entire ”The Best Of Me” curriculum linked below this is the ONLY prep item used in the entire curriculum besides the printables! YAY!!
This is research based and aligned with CASEL’s 5 Areas of Core Competence in Social Emotional Learning.
Version of this game on Boom Learning- Click me!
- In-Person through internet video and PDF (used on digital devices or print)
- Distant learning through internet video and PDF
- Homeschool(while replacing the teacher role with the “homeschool teacher” role)
This lesson comes in color. It is important for students to see diversity in the scenarios and color allows this. I recommend viewing it as a PDF or printing in color. The printable coloring sheet award does come in black & white.
FULL CURRICULUM CLICK HERE: Level Pre-K (Can correspond with Preschool, but can be used for all primary grades)
•4 lessons on self-awareness
•4 lessons on social awareness
•4 lessons on self-management
•4 lessons on relationship skills
•4 lessons on responsible decision-making
And of course we can’t forget…
Let’s be friends!
Follow me here:
More questions? Contact me with the contact button or at
Thank you for visiting my store,
Have a great day!