This unit plan bundle created by Teachin' Georgia is a great way to teach your Common Core reading standards!
This unit was designed to incorporate Common Core Reading Literature standards, as well as writing standards, into a study using literature with a theme of friendship. Themes are important for young students to begin to notice and think about. The unit bundle takes approximately 35 days to complete and includes suggestions for using various picture books, as well as a novel.
This unit also contains differentiated activities for students that are at below average, average, and above average levels. There are daily lesson plans, with resources/activities provided in the bundle. The unit is designed for third grade, but could be used for grades 3-6. Each daily lesson plan includes activities for introduction, lesson practice, and closure.
This unit contains the following skills, integrated into daily lesson plans:
• Using thinking maps/graphic organizer for information
• Answering questions and locating information in text
• Providing evidence from text
• Comparing and contrasting
• Discussion questions
• Summary writing
• Analyzing character traits and changes
• Character development story map
• Causes and effects
• Making inferences
• Narrative elements
• Glossary/dictionary skills
• Short research skills
• Writing responses to literature