Interactive Notebook Pieces for Frindle! Just PRINT AND GO to teach higher levels of reading comprehension!
This supplemental resource for Andrew Clements’ book Frindle is perfect for classrooms that use Interactive Notebooks! Foldables are designed to match specific Frindle chapter content, giving your students plenty of opportunities to work on their reading comprehension skills. Each foldable includes directions for use and specific chapters to use them with.
Interactive Notebook pieces included:
1. 2 different vocabulary foldables
2. Character analysis foldables for Frindle's main characters, Nick and Mrs. Granger (things, feels, says, does, learns)
3. Character comparison foldable
4. Accordion folds for finding textual evidence about character inferences for Nick and Mrs. Granger
5. Making Connections foldable
6. Identifying different viewpoints for Nick and Mrs. Granger
7. Chapter summary foldables using MIWs (Most Important Words)
8. Puzzle pieces for making predictions based on textual clues
9. Story Map foldable
10. Identifying internal and external character traits for Nick and Mrs. Granger
11. Main Problem and Additional Problems in the story pockets – students identify problems and causes
12. Pros and Cons for decision making for Mrs. Chatham and Nick’s mom
13. Identifying plot events and the effects they have on the story’s main problem
14. Identifying causes and effects of Nick’s decisions
15. Summarizing Nick’s Road to Fame – summarizing the events
16. Making inferences using schema and textual evidence.
17. Identifying changes in characters – internal and external
18. Analyzing the conclusion
You will find these Interactive Pieces a valuable extension for teaching deep thinking while reading Frindle! Please read my TOU for specifics on copyright. You may NOT share any part of this product, whether hard copies or on the internet. This includes not posting them on a shared server/website, such as Google Docs., a school/district server, or on a teacher blog. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Happy teaching! Martha from “The Owl Spot”
Follow me for more updates on products for primary and intermediate grades!