If you're looking for a novel study unit for students to engage in conversation, creativity, and higher level thinking, then this is the unit study for you! These activities were created for the book Frindle by Andrew Clements, and are aligned with ELA Common Core Standards.
This engaging novel study includes reading response activities for:
- during and after reading for any section of the book
- identifying character traits with text support
- interpretive questioning with opinion writing and text support
- vocabulary booklet
- newspaper article
- dictionary entry for word invention
- identifying plot mini-book
- planning and writing a summary mini-book
I had fun making this unit and am sure you and your kids will love it! I will be implementing this unit as a reading enrichment during our RtI block beginning next week (September 23, 2013). Pictures of the activities will be posted as they are completed!
Please check out the preview.
Thanks for viewing!