Frindle, one of today's most popular novels for intermediate grades, can now be taught digitally in your classroom! If you're looking for a way to capitalize on your technology resources at school, reduce the amount of paper you use, and still deliver rigorous and engaging lessons, this is the product you've been looking for!
Digital interactive notebooks are perfect for students to stretch and think through their learning in a digital/online capacity. Digital Interactive Notebooks can be completed on Chromebooks, Laptops and Tablets, or on regular desktop computers. You just need access to Google.
Contents included (over 50 Google slides)...
1. Link to a Google slides document - you will need to make a copy and save to your own drive and then share with your students
2. Summarizing activity for each chapter in Frindle
3. Character analysis organizers
4. Making connections with the text organizers
5. Vocabulary work for each chapter
6. Plot structure diagram
7. Different viewpoints diagram
8. Cause and effect organizer
9. Multiple opinion writing organizers (OREO format) and writing prompts
10. Extra writing extensions to help your students process their reading at higher levels of understanding.
As a bonus, you also receive the full unit plans for teaching the book!!! These unit plans are my #1 best selling item, and I've included them here, too. That means, you get 50 Google slides, plus the unit lesson plans!
This is perfect for whole class instruction, small group, or having students work at individual paces.
Because the nature of the questions and organizers are mostly open ended, there is no answer key - having students meet in small groups to discuss their answers and ideas as well as sharing their writing in class will give you a quick way to assess their work.
Check back with "The Owl Spot" for more great digital and downloadable teaching tools!
Happy teaching! - Martha from "The Owl Spot"