- Story Wheels are fun ways to work on story elements with your students! Students fill in each section of the wheel either as they uncover the information as they read or when they finish the book. This is a great way to assess comprehension, as well as give students a scaffold for summarizing.Storie$14.00$5.60Save $8.40
- Look no further for resources to teach Frindle by Andrew Clements! This bundle contains my best selling unit plans, as well as my Close Reading activities, Dictionary Task Cards and Writing Summaries Craftivity. This bundle is perfect for teachers who are looking for engaging, thought-provoking le$30.24$19.35Save $10.89
- Product Description
Story Wheels are fun ways to work on story elements with your students! Students fill in each section of the wheel either as they uncover the information as they read or when they finish the book. This is a great way to assess comprehension, as well as give students a scaffold for summarizing.
- Copy both circles. These story wheels work best when copied on thicker paper, such as card stock. They will work with regular copy paper, but you will need to be careful with assembly as the paper will be thin.
- Have students fill in sections of the content circle.
- Color and decorate the cover circle.
- Cut out both circles. The pie-shaped piece on the cover circle should be cut out as well.
- Attach the cover circle on top of the content circle with a brad fastener. You should be able to rotate the cover circle so that the different content sections show up in the pie-shaped opening of the cover circle.
These wheels are all part of my Frindle unit! Make sure to check it out! Novel study focus on vocabulary development, story elements, character analysis, and other key reading comprehension skills. It comes with detailed lesson plans, vocabulary worksheets and activities, comprehension graphic organizers that are organized in a student journal, assessments, a set of book-specific teacher resources, and a project. Answer keys are included for assessments, and are coming soon for the student journals.
Make sure to follow The Owl Spot for updates on new products, sales, and other great resources for your classroom! Just click the green star above!
For more great resources, check out these links to products!
- ** Bargain Bin
- ** Bundles
- ** FREE
- Anchor Charts: Math
- Anchor Charts: Reading
- Back To School
- Clip Art
- Digital Products
- Math 3rd Grade
- Math 4th Grade
- Math 5th Grade
- Math K-2
- Novel Studies
- Readers' Theater Primary Grades
- Readers' Theater: Middle Grades
- Readers' Theater: Social Studies
- Reading 3-5
- Reading 6-8
- Reading K-2
- Social Studies
- Sub Plans
- Task Cards: Math
- Task Cards: Reading
- Test Prep
- Writing 3-5
- Writing 6-8
- Writing K-2
Happy Teaching from The Owl Spot!