Look no further for resources to teach Frindle by Andrew Clements! This bundle contains my best selling unit plans, as well as my Close Reading activities, Dictionary Task Cards and Writing Summaries Craftivity. This bundle is perfect for teachers who are looking for engaging, thought-provoking lessons to stretch your students to think about what they are reading and writing.
Purchasing these items together saves you money as well as time and energy. There is little to no prep needed for the included activities.
Frindle Unit Plans Includes:
1. Detailed lesson plans, including vocabulary and activities for each lesson, reading strategy mini lessons and writing extensions.
2. Anchor charts for reading strategies
3. Wall Story Map display (uses sticky notes to make this hands on and multi-use)
4. Student Journal pages to engage students in thinking as they are reading.
5. Middle of the book and end of the book tests/quizzes with answer keys
6. Graphic organizers for character analysis and comparison, writing templates, cause and effect, and vocabulary study
Close Reading Activities include
1. Directions for conducting a close reading lesson/activity
2. Specific pages/excerpts to use with your Frindle books for each activity
3. Lesson plans walking you through the Close Readings
4. A variety of graphic organizers to use to help your students dissect the text.
Dictionary Task Cards include
1. 28 task cards
2. Student recording sheet
3. Answer key
Writing Summaries Craftivity includes
1. Teacher and student directions
2. Picture examples
3. Anchor charts for summarizing
4. Templates for craftivity
5. Rubric for easy grading
Please remember that this product is for you and your classroom's benefit. Your purchase entitles you to make copies for your classroom needs. You may not share this or upload it to a shared server (such as a school server or Google docs). You may purchase additional licenses at a discount to share with interested colleagues.
As always, happy teaching!
Martha from "The Owl Spot"