Sometimes when phonics patterns (such as ow/ oa making the long o sound) are taught in isolation, students forget the previously taught skills, such as CVCe and short vowels. This pack is meant to provide practice with long and short o vowel sounds simultaneously so students can practice determining which vowel sound to apply when reading.
- Anchor charts for short o, CVCe, ow, oa, and when to use oa/ ow
- Decodable Reader- printable mini-book and projectable version (separate file, in .ppt)
- Frog Hop (“Write the Room” sort with brain breaks) and recording sheets
- Practice worksheets- Frog with a Blog (cloze), Toad Code, Color Coding Word Search, Long O/ Short O Word Sort (cut and paste)
- Roll & Read game with number cubes (dice) in color & black and white
- Hop to the Pond board game
- I Have, Who Has – long and short o words (30 cards)
- Fluency Sentences
- Fluency Passage with Comprehension Questions
- Short and Long O Reading Quick Check (student and teacher forms)
Be sure to check out the preview to see the MANY ways this unit will help your students learn long and short o!
Note: This product comes in the form of a .zip file so that it can include a PDF file of most activities and a PPT file of the decodable reader. Please let me or TpT's tech department know if you need help "unzipping" the file! :)