Frog Life Cycle - Comprehensive Unit:
Spring is the time children are discovering frog eggs and tadpoles. Kids love live animals and this unit includes life cycle photographs of real frogs and tadpoles. This PowerPoint presentation introduces children to the metamorphosis changes of a wood frog from egg to adult. The slides include photographs from an award winning photographer.
• PowerPoint introduction to a frog's life cycle (featuring real photos). We've also included additional information and cool facts about frogs. 27 pages.
• Bulletin Board/Student Center - 7 full page color photos and information related to a frog's life cycle.
• Complete the life cycle - Students cut out pictures and place them in the correct order for the frog's life cycle.
• Frog sentences - Students use the correct word to complete sentences.
• Frog Crossword - Students complete a crossword puzzle using important life cycle words.
• Frog and Tadpole Diagram - Students practice labeling animal parts on a frog and tadpole drawing.
• Frog Story - Students write a story about the frog's life cycle including some key words.
• Keeping Frog Eggs and Tadpoles - Comprehensive teacher resource on how to collect and care for frog eggs and tadpoles. Colored and gray scale versions.
• Tadpole Experiment 1 - Students complete a simple experiment to find out if live tadpoles are attracted to light. Students complete a bar graph showing their results.
• Tadpole Experiment 2 - Students complete a simple experiment to find out if live tadpoles like open areas or prefer to hide. Students complete a bar graph showing their results.
From The Developer:
As teachers we know how much children are fascinated with real animals. We used photographs of live critters rather than drawings or clipart for this presentation.
We have teaching backgrounds and authored several dozen children's books related to using critters in the classroom. We are using our experience and our biology background to provide information about keeping and using frog eggs and tadpoles in the classroom.
Standards for Science and Math including:
• Life cycles and adaptations of living things to their environment.
• Scientific investigations and collecting data.
• Collecting data using bar graphs.
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, are for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources:
We are always looking for honest comments and ratings so we can improve our products. You also get earned credits for discounts on future TPT purchases when you leave both a comment and a rating.