Also included in
- The Life Cycle 3D Model Bundle includes the following: Frog Life CycleButterfly Life CycleDragonfly Life CyclePumpkin Life Cycle The Nitty Gritty Science Life Cycle Model Bundle makes use of the NGSS Science and Engineering Process. It also supports the following targeted performance standards from$19.50$23.00Save $3.50
Frog Life Cycle – 3D Model
Did you know that when your students are developing and using models, they are engaging in the practices of the Science and Engineering Process focused on in the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)?
Not only does the Nitty Gritty Science Frog Life Cycle Model make use of the NGSS Science and Engineering Process, it also supports the following targeted performance standards from the NGSS:
- 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
- 3-LS3-1. Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence that plants and animals have traits inherited from parents and that variation of these traits exists in a group of similar organisms.
Modeling can begin in the earliest grades, with students’ models progressing from concrete “pictures” and/or physical scale models to more abstract representations of relevant relationships in later grades. (NRC Framework, 2012, p. 58)
Along with the model activity, Nitty Gritty Science will provide the following with this download:
- Background of developing and using models in the science classroom.
- Teacher Guide (with colored photos) of building the Nitty Gritty Science models.
- Template for optional pocket to hold brochure/model key.
- Template for correct sizing of brochure and model key.
- Two options for models – one with and one without labels.
The following are featured in this model:
· Late stage tadpole (froglet)
· Adult frog
Related terms: metamorphosis, diverse life cycles, series of orderly changes
- Two pages of cut-outs (three if you want the pocket for the key) - all which are included in this download
- Colored pencils
Cliff Note Version: Product is for ONE TEACHER – Please do not distribute illegally and if using with your students in an online capacity, make sure documents are password protected.
Copyright © Nitty Gritty Science, LLC and Nitty Gritty Science Jr., LLC. All rights reserved by author Dr. Erica Colón. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.