Looking for a fun way to hit reading, writing, math and science standards? This Frog Inquiry project and thematic unit meets standards across the curriculum!
Over 20 Frog themed work pages!
- A week of Science inquiry activities where students will be researching what a frog needs to survive in captivity and show their thinking on graphic organizers
- 2 mini books about frogs with real photographs
- 3 Reading worksheets aligned with the story: Frog and Toad are Friends, students will describe characters and retell the plot
- Writing activities aligned with frog and toad are friends. A weeks worth of writing activities focused on personal narrative writing and letter writing
- Math Mini Lesson: A number line mini lesson, task cards and activity page for addition within 10
- STEM Challenge: Leap Frog Straw Rockets! Students will use frogs, construction paper and tape and straws to design and construct a frog that can leap off the straw
*** These activities were designed for a first grade classroom in the first quarter of the school year.