UPDATED! This resource is perfect for small guided reading groups. It is full of meaningful activities that were designed to promote your students' comprehension, vocabulary, language, and writing skills. They will encourage your students to not only think about what is explicitly stated in the text, but to also infer beyond the text and about the text.
This packet includes:
- Prereading graphic organizer
- Nonfiction text on frogs and toads
- Comprehension/ discussion questions (nonfiction text)
- Nonfiction text graphic organizer
- Frogs and Toads facts sorting cards
- Frogs and Toads venn diagram
- Vocabulary flashcards for each chapter/story (with editable document)
- Vocabulary graphic organizer
- Comprehension / discussion questions - Chapter 1 and 2
- Story Structure Graphic Organizer - Chapter 3
- Summary Paper - Chapter 3
- Sequencing Activity - Chapter 3
- Central Message Graphic Organizer - Chapter 4
- Comprehension Questions – Chapter 4
- Key Events Graphic Organizer – Chapter 4
- Vocabulary Assessment – Chapters 1-5
- Character Traits Graphic Organizer
- Text Evidence Assessment
- Journal Prompts For Each Chapter / Story
- Opinion Writing Prompt
- Narrative Writing Prompt
Answer keys included!
This packet contains everything you will need to teach this story. You will need to purchase the book separately.
Check out the preview to get a closer look!
To see the book study for Frog and Toad Are Friends, click here
To see the book study for Frog and Toad Together, click here
To see the book study for Days with Frog and Toad, click here
Save money by buying the BUNDLE. To see the Frog and Toad bundle, click here
To see my other Book Studies, click here
Assess your students' understanding of any novel or story using my Comprehension Exit Slips. To check them out, just click here