Character traits bundle - 100+ pages - Fun filled character trait products to engage your students! This kit will save you over 20% off! It includes a variety of activities, and NO PREP printables to assist students to consolidate their understanding of character traits, physical traits and feeling for the popular story, 'Frog and Toad are Friends,' by Arnold Lobel. Activities include: sorting worksheets, cut and paste activities, multiple choice task cards, character trait word wall cards and yes/no game.
The bundle includes the following character trait activities:
Frog and Toad are Friends - Differentiated Character Trait Activities
Frog and Toad are Friends - Character Trait, Physical Trait and Feeling Task Cards
Frog and Toad are Friends - Character Traits Game
♥ Literacy centers
♥ Morning work
♥ Book Companion
Differentiated Character Trait Activities Pack
Character Traits Pack - Book Companion - This pack is perfect to use when undertaking a unit on character traits. Included in this pack is NO PREP cut and paste sorting worksheets, character trait & physical trait printables, bubble map activities, find the evidence worksheet, word wall cards and anchor charts (answer sheets).
There are color and black lined versions available in this pack. The sorting activities include:
• Teacher instructions
• Sort the character traits and physical traits for the Frog.
• Sort the character traits and physical traits for the Toad.
• List the character traits and physical traits for the Frog and write what you infer about the Frog's character traits.
• List the character traits and physical traits for the Toad and write what you infer about the Toad's character traits.
• Sort the words into synonyms and antonyms for the word kind.
• Find the evidence in the text to match the character traits.
The cut and paste character trait activities and bubble maps include:
• Cut and paste the 4 character traits to describe the Frog’s character traits.
• Cut and paste the 4 character traits to describe the Toad's character traits.
• Cut and paste the 4 character traits to describe the Frog’s physical traits.
• Cut and paste the 4 character traits to describe the Toad's physical traits.
• Bubble Map - Students write qualities inside each bubble to describe the Frog's character traits.
• Bubble Map - Students write qualities inside each bubble to describe the Toad's character traits.
• Bubble Map - Students write words inside each bubble to describe the Frog's physical traits.
• Bubble Map - Students write words inside each bubble to describe the Toad's physical traits.
Answer sheets are included for all cut and paste activities.
Also included in this pack are bright blue sun ray word wall cards to display on your bulletin board to assist students when writing about characters in the story. The word wall cards include the following words:
• Frog, Toad
• Character traits - thoughtful, caring, loving, kind, friendly, persistent, dedicated, lazy, naive, positive, negative, sneaky, tricky, nice, rude, helpful, cheerful, clever, funny and silly.
Character Trait Game
Character Traits Yes/No Game - This fun and interactive game will assist students to make inferences about characters, expand their vocabulary and consolidate their understanding of character traits.
The game consists of:
• 2 heading - yes/no
• teacher instructions
• 2 character cards - Frog and Toad
• 60 character trait cards
This yes/no game can be played with 1-2 players, small group or played as a whole class. To play as a group:
•Students sit around a circular table or on the carpet. Place the headings yes and no in the middle of the circle.
•If group of 6 students, give each student 10 character trait cards to sort under the yes or no heading.
•Students take it in turn to select a character card (Frog or Toad) and sort their character trait cards under the correct heading.
•Ask each student to provide evidence or a reason why they think the character displays that character trait or not.
By playing this game regularly in class students will have a deeper understanding about character traits. This game also assists the teacher with class discussions about character traits and reasons why students believe a character has a particular character trait. Answers may vary with students as they have different beliefs and personal opinions.
Task Cards - Multiple Choice Format
Frog and Toad are Friends - These task cards are designed for first grade to third grade to provide your students with practice with identifying character traits, feelings and physical traits of characters in the story. These multiple choice questions will allow your students to make inferences about characters.
♥ Literacy centers
♥ Class discussions
♥ Early finishers
The kit consists of:
• 2 sets of 20 multiple choice task cards- colored and black lined sets
• Student response sheet
• Answer Sheet
Please see the preview before purchasing to get a further insight into what this package entails.
You may also be interested in the character traits packages below. NOTE: This product is NOT included in this bundle packs below:
BUNDLE - Character Traits - Printables, Word Wall Cards, Anchor Charts, Word Maps, Task Cards - 400+ pages
Literacy Centers & Character Traits Bundle - 660 pages
Frog and Toad are Friends - Yes/No Character Traits Game
Frog and Toad are Friends - Character Trait Task Cards
Four in a Row - Character Traits
Officer Buckle and Gloria - Character Trait Activities
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Character Trait Activities
100 Character Traits - Word Map Templates
Dab it! - Fairy tale character traits
Character Yes/No Game - Fairytales
Character Traits Task Cards - Fairytales
Character Traits Task Cards - Halloween Theme
Character Traits Sorting
Sorting Fairy Tale Characters - Character Traits
Character Traits activity pack & word wall cards
Character Traits - Who am I?
Character Traits - Making Inferences and Text-to-Self Connections
Charlotte's Web Task Cards - Character Traits
Check out these great bundle packs:
Literacy Centers Mega Bundle - 380+ pages
Literacy & Math Centers Mega Bundle - 500+ pages
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would love for you to come back at some stage and rate my product. ♥
♦♦♦ PROVIDE FEEDBACK AND GAIN TPT CREDITS
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
♥BECOME A FOLLOWER
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
and like my Facebook page
for regular updates on freebies, sales and teaching ideas!