In this rhyming resource you will find materials you can use as a companion to the book Frog on a Log?, but they can be used without the book, as well, in your phonological awareness tool kit:
• Picture cards (36 total) with rhyming pairs can be used for a Memory-type card game
• Pocket flaps (25) for interactive notebooks (or just use plain paper) give students practice with the animals in the book and their rhyming places to “sit”
• Matching rhyming pairs worksheets (2)
• Game boards - some have spaces that have items/words on them which the students need to rhyme
• Blank game board has cards with rhyming tasks; i.e. name a fruit that rhymes with “dare”
• Rhyming dice (10) - have words and pictures on each side; roll and rhyme
• Sequencing practice, including 2 daily routine sequences for Before reading and a simple 3-part sequence for the beginning, middle, end of the story, for After reading.
Sequences can be completed on the individual paper templates provided, or on the interactive notebook templates given.
You might also like Phonological Awareness File Folders
or Phonological Awareness Game Boards