PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This a great product for learning about frogs and toads! It includes four separate activites! This 20 card scavenger hunt introduces students to information and fun facts about frogs and toads that invites comparison. Students will use the information learned in the scavenger hunt to complete the identification activity. Students will need to read for detail and analyze what they've read to make correct deductions. This is a higher level thinking, yet fun activity!
How to Use this Product
1. Print the Frog or Toad Scavenger Hunt cards then cut them apart along the dotted lines. Laminate for durability if desired
2. Make copies of the Frog or Toad Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet. Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Frog or Toad Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
5. The identification activity could be completed as a second scavenger hunt.
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups or science centers. I usially only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
You May Also Like
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here.
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems. Thank you,
Ann Fausnight ♥