Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London (book sold separately, online or in stores) features everyone's favorite frog as he wakes from hibernation for one day of winter fun. He keeps forgetting different pieces of snow clothing, leaving mom to call him back in again and again. This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
4. Froggy's Book Walk- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Seasonal Clothing Sort- Sort pictures of clothing by season (expand or reduce field for adding/reducing complexity)
6. Froggy's Absurdities- Repeat sentences, correcting the absurdity.
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!