If you've been considering revamping your listening centers to use smart devices and QR codes, we hope you'll try out our FREE Froggy Goes to School Listening Center Card.
It features an iPhone-sized card with the title, image of the main character, and QR code which links to an audio recording of the book (6 min. 17 sec.), narrated by Heather from Watson Works (please excuse my Texas twang! Haha!).
1. Download a QR reader to the smart device your students will be using in the listening center.
2. Print & cut out the Froggy Goes to School iPhone-sized listening center card with the QR code (cardstock recommended).
3. Laminate the listening center card so it can be used again and again (optional).
4. Obtain a copy of Froggy Goes to School by Jonathan London from your personal collection, school library, public library, local book store, or online, and place it in your listening center.
*Suggested storage – Glue an index card sized library pocket on the inside cover of the book. Place the listening center card inside the pocket.
5. Place the smart device in your listening center, along with some headphones/earbuds. If you’d like multiple students to listen to the story at the same time from the same device, consider purchasing a headphone splitter.
6. Train students how to operate the smart device, QR reader, and the listening center.
1. Scan the QR code using the QR reader on the smart device located in the listening center.
2. Put on the headphones/earbuds.
3. Press play and follow along with the book. Note: A train “choo-choo” will sound to alert students to turn the page.
We hope you enjoy this product, and we'd love to hear your feedback! :)
Product created by Watson Works, 2014.