Looking for a fun and easy way to practice subtraction with your students? Check out Froggy Subtraction!
Included in this product:
How many are in the pond?
1.Start with ten or twelve frogs in the pond depending on student targets.
2.Roll a die once and take out that number of frogs from the pond.
3.Write the number on the recording sheet and solve.
Leap around the pond!
1. All players will start on the lily pad with the flower.
2. Roll two dice to get two numbers, and subtract the smaller number from the larger number.
3. Once you have the difference move that many spaces on the board.
4. Whoever gets back or laps the flower lily pad first wins!
How many flies?
1. Start with a set number of flies in each baggie. You can have one baggie with a target number you are working on (10, 20 etc.) or multiple baggies with different amounts in them.
2. Have students roll a die and take out that amount of flies from the baggie.
3. Subtract that number from however many flies were in the baggie originally to show how many the frog ate and how many got away.
4. Have students write their problems on the recording sheet to show their work.
COLOR AND BLACK AND WHITE VERSIONS INCLUDED!!!